Monday, June 12, 2006

Going on Vacation

So, I'm leaving on Friday for France. My sister Jenny and I will be visiting Paris, the lovely French countryside and also the Riviera. I'm pretty excited about it.

I'm traveling with my teacher from college. I've been on three other trips with her over the past six years, and I've enjoyed every one. This one will be my second to Paris. I'm going to need to go to Italy again. Really loved that one best, even though it was the hottest. I think it was about 100 degrees in Pompeii on the day we went.

This sign greeted us on the way to our hotel from the train station in Paris in 2004:


Wow, doesn't it just make you want to go in and get some pancakes! To be fair, though, I didn't have any bad food while in Paris. And I'm a very picky eater.

I'm going to try to blog and draw but we'll see how that goes.

Anybody want a souvenir? Maybe a kebab?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No fair! You can't go to France a second time when I haven't even been there once!

You should let me go instead. You can go to ... umm ... Seattle. Yeah, Seattle, I've been there. Nice place. Really. You'll have a ball, honest!

Kate said...

I would love to go to Seattle. So, can you fly to Dallas on really short notice?